When we were in Ohio this past weekend, I kept seeing huge billboards for ‘Haunted Hoochie’. I assumed it was where college girls shopped for their sexy costumes, but evidently it’s actually a major haunted house theme show. Maybe it was the “hoochie” in the name that threw me off. Either way, it got me thinking about Halloween of course, and halloween decorations.
Is it possible to have a classy Halloween? I absolutely think so! It’s easy to go over-the-top, but you can still have fun while keeping things simple, and not frightening. I’ve rounded up my ten favorite Halloween ideas that are classy, unique and in some cases even elegant.
10 Classy Halloween Decorations
- Think orange is the only color that says Halloween? Think again! These Black and White pumpkins by CountryLiving.com are super classy and festive.
- Don’t want to go overboard with the decorations? A couple unique accent pieces like this Halloween pillow by sasinteriors.net is funky-festive!
- This Halloween mantel from Organize Your Stuff Now uses candlestick holders for mini pumpkins, and other elegant touches to create a perfect Halloween look.
- Why not hook up your dining room for Halloween too! I love this Autumn Wreath Pumpkin Chandelier from Martha Stewart.
- Also for the dining room, a spooky burlap table runner like this one from HGTV takes your dining room to the next level!
- This Halloween garland by Sweet Something Designs is something you can make (if you’re crafty) or be inspired by. I think it’s fabulous!
- These Halloween luminaries by Crafts by Amanda are super cool and a project you can tackle with the kids! I love the way luminaries create an eerie look, perfect for October 31st.
- For an even easier project with the kids, these Scary Message Lanterns from Martha Stewart use paper bags and stencils.
- I love printables because you can use them just about anywhere if you’re a little creative. Here are a bunch of Free Halloween Printables from Tip Junkie for you to go wild with!
- If you need any more sugar around Halloween, this Pumpkin bundt cake from Lolly Jane looks amazing!