As Halloween gets closer I’ve been thinking about doing some type of project with my son for his first Halloween. As I was looking for our project, I found several Halloween crafts for kids that looked fun and easy! I tried to collect some craft ideas where you might have the majority of the materials already at home or if not, they are cheap and easy to buy at most stores.
If you try any of these projects feel free to share pictures! We would love to see what your child creates!
10 Spooktacular Halloween Crafts for Kids!
- Since my son only 9 months old, I think we’ll be doing theses footprint ghosts I found at Craft Junior.
- Do your kids need something small to collect treats in? Try these tin can goodie bags from Lizard and Ladybug Blog.
- Not sure what to do with all of those toilet paper tubes? Try these Halloween Characters from Crafts~N~Things for Children.
- Use pasta to create skeleton pictures like this, at MarthaStewart.com. Kids can also use a white crayon to draw a spooky scene around their skeleton!
- Use egg cartons to create these creepy spiders from All Kids Network.
- Have your kids create their own spider webs from All Kids Network , using a paper plate and some yarn.
- This one might be a little messy, but it looks like kids would have a lot of fun creating a Puffy Paint Ghost from No Time for Flash Cards.
- Kids can have a little treat as they create this Marshmallow Skeleton from No Time For Flash Cards.
- Kids can create a flying ghost using a paper plate and streamers from Kaboose.
- Use tissue boxes to create a pair of these Monster feet found at Activity Village.
I hope you enjoy doing some of these crafts with your kids this Halloween! Feel free to upload your pictures to the SaratogaMama Facebook Page
My name is Jennifer Bloomingdale, I am a former teacher and currently a stay at home mom to my 9 month old son. As a teacher I greatly enjoyed developing interactive and creative content for my students. I hope to continue doing that in one way or another, as content editor for SaratogaMama and tutoring. For more information about my professional background and tutoring please feel free to look at my Digital Portfolio.