With Valentine’s Day just around the corner you may be looking for some cute crafts to do with the kids. We’ve rounded up 10 simple craft ideas. Many of these Valentine’s Day crafts for kids use household items and can be given away as adorable gifts to classmates, teachers, friends or family members.
10 Easy Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids
- Try a Valentine’s Day Mailbox from AllKidsNetwork.com to help your child easily collect all their Valentine’s cards. Decorations can be substituted for any age.
- Here is a cute butterfly from Kaboose.com
- Though this window cling needs a few materials, the end result is entertaining. You can use heart templates as shown, or let your child’s imagination run wild. This fun project is from the BabbleKids blog.
- Here is a great project from WhipUp.com that kids can do together. They can give them as gifts, or make friendship bracelets!
- Preschool Crafts for Kids offers two different ways to make a Valentine’s keepsake.
- One of my favorites is the Melted Crayon Canvas. More adult supervision is required for this project than the others, but it is so easy and fun to pick out the different crayon colors with your child! ComeTogetherKids.com gives great instructions.
- Spoonful.com offers a great alternative for boys who don’t like all the pink that comes with this holiday.
A Camouflage Valentine’s Day card is the perfect way to keep him in the spirit.
- Stained Glass art is always in season. The blog Read it again, mom! shows you how to make these pretty hearts.
- If you don’t want to toss all your child’s Valentine’s Day cards away, but don’t want them strewn around the house either, try this easy craft from the blog Choosing Today.
- Having children make their own Valentine’s Day cards is an easy way to get them excited about crafts – they can give them to their classmates or grandparents. Babyzone.com offers one take on this project.