I have to admit, I had a fabulous time “shopping” for these gift guide items! I met a ton of local business owners who were truly interested in their businesses and proud of the products they sell.
Today we’re going to start with gift ideas for Babies & Toddlers. These are some of my favorite products that I found. Obviously all products have age specifications which you should look for when buying these for babies or toddlers. You know what your child can/cannot handle, and when in doubt just ask a store employee. All the stores that I visited were extremely helpful and all their contact information is found at the bottom of the post.
A stop at G. Willikers in Saratoga always brings much excitement. The staff is extremely helpful and proficient at helping you pick out items for even the most discerning child on your shopping list!
Item #1, G. Willikers – There were some great stuffed animals around the $23 price point, including a super soft purple horse & a blue dino, sure to become much loved loveys!
Item #2, G. Willikers –A basket of little bunnies adorned a table in the back, a great price at $16.95. They also carried some great knit organic small toys and rattles ($9.95-$15.95).
Item #3, G. Willikers – There was an adorable soft piggy bank filled with fabric money and coins ($19.95) that was great for the 6 month old+ crowd.
Item #4, Frivolous, Saratoga – An unexpected stop at Frivolous came with some fun finds. They had a super soft pillow and blanket set in white, pink or blue for $79.99. An heirloom quality coat & hat set for a little girl was stunning and came in a beautiful package, only requiring a bow ($109). The coat even had a poem sewn into the bottom of it. Some fun, super soft, sleep sacks for $39.50 came in blue puppy or green/pink sheep.
Offering specialty children’s apparel and accessories, Lollipops in Latham is definitely worth a trip if you have some special babies in your life.
Item #1, Lollipops: Lollipops had some adorable onesies for infants. They are $28 each, and they come with either a skunk, raccoon, or fox sewn onto them. There was also a matching 3pack of burp cloths.
Item #2, Lollipops: These cool sets include a pair of pajamas and a book that goes along with the print on the jammies. For instance, they had a “Guess How Much I Love You” set for $44.25, and other themes included “Angelina Ballerina” to “Shark vs Train”.
NY Toy & Hobby in Clifton Park is another great local shop for kids and toy enthusiasts of all ages.
Item #3, NY Toy & Hobby: I love this adorable sandwich rattle! It expands from a small sandwich into a huge toy. All the sandwich “fillings” are stuffed with crinkly paper, and the buns have rattles. A steal at $19.99 and something baby will love!
Item #4, NY Toy & Hobby: Right next to the sandwich rattle were tubs of First Pops ($20) & First Snaps ($16), fun toys to pass the time. There were also Taggies books for only $12.99, and a perennial favorite for any age, Sophie the Giraffe ($19.99).
Item #1, NY Toy & Hobby – I loved this pull-along dancing alligator toy from Plan Toys, $19. Colorful and cute with no small pieces or parts. Perfect for baby or toddler.
I found myself really having some fun at Ta-Da! in Clifton Park. They don’t have a ton of baby/toddler products, but the stuff they did have was so cute and so much fun.
Item #2, Ta-Da! – The Bobo Glove and book set was such a great idea, and at $18.95 not a bad price at all. A very cool sensory toy for babies.
Item #3, Ta-Da! – A great gift for any new parent would be the “Baby-gami” book ($14.95). It’s all different way to swaddle your baby!
Item #4, Ta-Da! – They had a cute section of really funny onesies, also. Including “Stop Texting and Change Me” ($18.50).
Here’s a list of other places and vendors that carry wonderful products for babies and kids:
- Miss Scarlett Boutique carries a nice selection of dresses for toddler girls. There was also some adorable bibs with little figurines inside of them.
- BabySmartees has infant stimulation t-shirts and gift sets.
- Foxy Baby Designs has a huge selection of adorable hair accessories for every age, and ties for the boys!
- Rosebud Johnnies has amazingly beautiful handmade playmats.
- Peacock’s Crafty Heart is an Etsy seller with gorgeous blankets for babies and kids
- Busy Bee Boutique has handmade goodies, ranging from really absorbent burp cloths to comfy floor cushions.
- Yarnheads Hand Knits offers beautiful and unique knit items for kids of all ages
- Your Toy Portrait custom portraits of your child’s toy or special keepsake. Gorgeous custom work at affordable prices.
- Sonrise Diaper Services & Retail Store has some really cute prints for cloth diapers, and they do gift certificates for their diaper cleaning service.
- Earthly Remedies by Erin carries a great selection of all natural baby products. These include cloth diaper friendly Baby’s Butt Cream. She also carries a diaper pail freshener spray, eczema relief cream, and a foaming wash, all for babies!
- Binx packages make great gifts, too! There’s a Holiday Packages Selection on our website with awesome steals!
The second installment of our holiday gift guides will be kids/tweens, followed by stocking stuffers, and finally awesome gifts for mama’s!
Lollipops, 594 New Louden Rd., Latham, NY 518.786.0379
NY Toy & Hobby, 22 Clifton Country Rd, Clifton Park, NY 518.371.8820
Ta-Da, 22 Clifton Country Rd., Clifton Park, NY 518.348.1881
G. Willikers, 461 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY 518.587.2143
Frivolous, The Lofts at 18 Division St, Saratoga Springs, NY 518.584.8712
Miss Scarlett Boutique, 19 Phila St., Saratoga Springs, NY 518.587.7711
Sonrise Diaper Service & Retail Store, inside of Polkadots Consignment, 2563 Western Ave, Guilderland, NY 518.461.4293