Who wants to spend a perfectly pleasant summer evening in the kitchen? If your family is like ours, quick and easy is the way we roll when it comes to summer dinners! We asked our friend Jodie Fitz to share some of her kid-tested and approved easy summer dinners for a new recipe series! Check back each week for another easy dinner option!
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken by Jodie Fitz
Another simple mix with fabulous flavors….
- 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 8 oz. roasted red peppers
- 6 1/2 oz. quartered, marinated artichoke hearts*
- 2.25 oz. can of sliced olives
- 1 cup grape fresh tomatoes
1. Halve and pound the chicken.
2. Season the chicken fillets with salt & pepper and grill them until they are fully cooked.
3. In a mini chopper or food processor drain and chop the roasted red peppers. Pour them into a bowl.
Continuing to use the mini chopper or food processor, drain & chop the marinated artichoke hearts and add them to the chopped red peppers.
Drain and chop the sliced olives and add them to the peppers and artichokes; again use the mini chopper or food processor.
Wash the grape tomatoes and chop them in the mini chopper or food processor and add them into a bowl.
NOTE: Chop the red peppers, artichoke hearts, olives and grape tomatoes so that they have texture and are not pureed. Stir them together. Simply pour over the cooked chicken like a sauce. It can be served chilled, room temperature or warm depending on your preference.
*I do like the Central Market marinated artichoke hearts when using this recipe.
Jodie Fitz is the creator and personality of the Price Chopper Kids Cooking Club and currently travels in a six-state region cooking with children to encourage taste-testing fun through a hands-on cooking experience! She is a wife, mother of three, and currently authors several monthly columns, including contributing to SaratogaMama Magazine. You can always find what she’s up to in her kitchen at www.jodiefitz.com!