With February break less than one week away, it’s time to start filling your days with options!
Here are a few highlights for each day. There are many more options for the week on our brand new events calendar! Check it out, and plan a perfect February Break!
Monday, February 18th
- Mad Hatter Madness Week starts today at Tiny Tots Tea Room. This camp runs all week, but you can choose to attend for one day or all five!
- Party Presidential style at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga. Drop in any time between 10:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. to make President’s Day crafts, learn some facts about our founding fathers, and enjoy a patriotic snack!
- Monday offers two snowshoeing opportunities, first at the Saratoga Springs Public Library’s Animal Tracking Snowshoe Hike at 11 a.m. and then another opportunity for snow fun at 2 p.m. at the Wilton Wildlife Preserve and Park. Check out our Guide to Snowshoeing for more information and local trails!
- All Monday events here!
Tuesday, February 19th
- Saratoga Reads is hosting a Lego Contest at Division Street Elementary School. Contestants will have to create an original Lego model inspired by their favorite book. You can find out all the info at SaratogaReads.org
- Gather your matey’s and head to the Malta Community Center at 1 p.m. for a Pirate Adventure! Enjoy a movie, snack, drinks, and a craft. Free for Malta residents, non-residents are $3.
- All Tuesday events here
Wednesday, February 20th
- Join SaratogaMama and Go Kids! for a special open house play date at SWEAT Fitness in Clifton Park! The event is free and open to all. Join us for this drop-in program and let the kids run around and play while you chat with us and learn more about the Go Kids program. The event is from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m.
- The Victorian Lady is back at Brookside Museum for a special Victorian Tea Party. Children will be guided through a celebration of Victorian culture, learning about clothing, manners and pastimes. The Victorian Tea Party will be offered twice; first from 10:00 – 12:00 and second from 1:00 – 3:00. Call 885-4000 to register.
- Enjoy some fun in the snow at Wilton Wildlife Preserve and Park’s Snow Silliness program. Younger participants will be able to stay back, play in the snow, and make winter crafts while older participants will explore nature in winter with a guided snowshoe walk. The fun starts at 11 a.m.
- Wednesday night is a special Kids Open Mic at Lillian’s Restaurant sponsored by the Saratoga Children’s Theatre. This event is open to children ages 8 through teens 17 years and starts at 6:30 p.m. If you are interested please call Meg Kelly at 580-1782.
- All Wednesday events here
Thursday, February 21st
- The Wonder Room is offering a Cooking Enrichment Program for ages 5-10. Attendees will make a variety of sweet and savory chips and dips from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- At 1 p.m., the Malta Community Center will host some reptiles for an afternoon Reptile Adventure Program. This ‘wild’ winter break adventure is appropriate for school aged children. Adult required to stay.
- The Saratoga Springs Public Library has an evening program called Winter Campfire Stories and Songs from 6-8 p.m. Gather round the campfire for stories & songs, enjoy s’mores, build a sugar cube igloo & try your luck at a penguin bean bag toss.
- All Thursday events here
Friday, February 22nd
- At the Saratoga Springs Public Library, children in grades 4-7 can enjoy some crafting time with buttons! The Button Craft program starts at 11 a.m. and lasts about an hour.
- The Children’s Museum at Saratoga has an interesting program called City By Design where attendees can learn how modern day cities are planned. The program is suitable for ages 6 and up and starts at 1 p.m.
- Trek down to Colonie Center on Friday evening for a special birthday party for Jake of Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Join Disney Junior for some birthday party fun from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- All Friday events here