When From Scratch Club founder Christina Davis talked to me about teaming up for one of FSC’s Food Swap’s, I was on board immediately! I’ve gone to a few From Scratch Club Food Swap’s (read about my first experience) and although I’m not a foodie in any sense of the word, I find the food swaps to be just plain fun!
Next Wednesday, October 17th 7-9pm is special because we are offering a children’s book swap along side the food swap, AND local gluten-free guru Elizabeth Barbone will be there signing copies of her brand new book!
If you’ve been swap curious before, this is the perfect chance to try it out.
What to know before you go:
- From Scratch Club Food Swaps are free, with suggested $2/person donation. You do need to register in advance though!
- The October 17th Saratoga Swap is taking place at Brookside Museum, 6 Charlton Street in Ballston Spa.
- You can bring just about anything to swap! Items I’ve seen: Soup, breads, balsamic vinaigrette, truffles, infused vodka, syrups, jams, jellies, butters, hummus, body scrub, herbs, produce, and many more
- Swap items (including books in this case!) are traded 1 unit for 1 unit and you can bring as many or as little as you want
- For this October Swap, you can bring up to five children’s books (infant to young adult) to swap alongside your food!
- You CAN attend a Food Swap and not swap! A free ‘Swap Curious’ ticket allows you to hang out, eat and chat during the swap. In this case, you can also participate in the book swap and not the food swap or vice versa!
I have no idea what food item I’ll be whipping up next week, but I’m sure it won’t be too complicated! Maybe my homemade granola bars?
I hope you’ll join me at the October 17th From Scratch Club Food Swap from 7-9pm at Brookside Museum! I can’t wait to see many of you there.
- Visit From Scratch Club on the web
- ‘Like’ From Scratch Club on Facebook
- ‘Like’ FSC Swappers on Facebook to get the details on all the upcoming Swap events