Shopping for toys for our annual Holiday Gift Guide is so much fun! This year, we’ve compiled some fabulous local items from stores all over Saratoga County. Don’t forget to check out our other holiday gift guides, Gifts for Mama’s, and coming soon, Big Kid and Tween, as well as a Bath and Body Gift Guide!
We hope you enjoy the SaratogaMama Holiday Gift Guide 2012! Happy shopping-
Holiday Gift Guide 2012 – Baby and Toddler Gifts
- My first stop for toys is usually G. Willikers in Saratoga and this year was no exception. Always a huge selection and with a staff that is extremely helpful, it’s a very easy place to shop. For the babies and toddlers, I found some nice things including these amazing puzzles by French company Janod, and sticking (unintentionally) with a French theme, these adorable stuffed dolls by Moulin Rote.
- PaperDolls of Saratoga doesn’t have a huge selection of baby and toddler items, but I did find this wonderful Care for Our World interactive book along with several items for the upcoming Big Kid/Tween Gift Guide.
- NY Toy & Hobby in Clifton Park Center is another excellent choice for toys in the area. I couldn’t resist including this adorable Nutty Squirrel pull toy by Kid O, along with a wooden book and rattle by Hape, and this Busy Tot play center by Alex.
- Homessence in Saratoga had a small but cute kids section with lots of unique things. I most adored these classic leather bookends (especially the horse!) from Zuny.
- Ta-Da in Clifton Park Center has tons of options for the big kids and tweens but a nice selection for the little guys too. I loved the Bobo Glove, which is a cool toy for parents to wear on their hands to interact with their babies, and I couldn’t couldn’t help but include this Star Wars Board Book!
- The Binx Pop-up Holiday Shop located in Tiny Tots Tea Room has a huge selection of mama and baby items. We featured the Chewbeads in our Mama Gift Guide, and here are a couple others to consider. I absolutely adore these Bamboo Swaddle Blankets by Aden and Anais and as a baby wearing mama myself, this Boba Air Carrier is a wonderful gift for a new mama. The carrier fits into a small pouch and can be worn front or back.
*Save $ at the Binx Holiday Shop with the SaratogaMama Coupon!*
- Name Bubbles make such a nice gift because they’re personal, functional and fun! You’re able to cater to the child’s personality by choosing from a huge range of colors, styles, and icons. Parents will thank you too because no longer will the coats, gloves, backpacks, bottles, cups, be left behind with no identification!
- Most of Angie’s hair accessories are Foxy Baby Designs, and with an expanded product line that now includes girls dresses and items for boys, it was a natural fit for our Baby/Toddler guide this year! Loved the holiday dresses, these adorable bow-ties and ties for boys, and of course, the Naughty and Nice hair clippies which are fabulous!
- Last but not least, if you’re really at a lost for ideas, a gift card to a place like Tiny Tots Tea Room, The Wonder Room, Children’s Museum at Saratoga, Super Bounce in Wilton Mall or Saratoga Strike Zone is a perfect gift for kids and parents.
Holiday Gift Guide 2012 – Where to Shop
- G. Willikers, 461 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, (518) 587-2143
- PaperDolls of Saratoga, 438 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, (518) 583-4084
- New York Toy & Hobby, Clifton Park Center, (518) 371-8820
- Homessence, 439 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, (518) 306-6445
- Ta-Da!, 22 Clifton Country Rd., Clifton Park and Stuyvesant Plaza, (518) 348-1881
- Binx, Located at Tiny Tots Tea Room, 1536 Crescent Road in Clifton Park
- Name Bubbles
- Foxy Baby Designs
Happy Shopping everyone!