In this day in age everyone is talking about saving money, cutting back and learning to live on less. Getting organized and decluttering your home can help you save money. Yes, Seriously!!!
There are a lot of benefits to minimizing, but it can also save you money and teach you how to be frugal. The process forces you to examine what you own and why you have it, but having less junk makes the things you really need easier to find.~ Lifehacker
Here are 3 ways that decluttering and organizing your home will save some cash:
- Start by sorting through what you currently own. Weed out all items you really don’t need anymore. Guaranteed you will come across items that you thought you had lost or misplaced. Guess what? Now you won’t have to buy them again. Money left in your wallet.
- While cleaning out that closet you might find some items that you don’t really need or use anymore. You may even find multiples. You can sell those items (make some money) or donate those items and help others save money. Watch out!!! Giving to others can be contagious.
- Once everything is organized and stored away properly there will be less opportunity now for potential breakage. So in turn, there will be no need to replace them. Money left in your wallet.
If you have lots of kids clothing and gear to de-clutter, try consignment stores! There are several in our area that accept gently used items.
Children’s Consignment Stores in the Capital Region
- Pixie Closet Consignment Shop, Ballston Spa, NY: 518-885-1757 Specializing in Children’s Clothes, Special Occasion Apparel, Toys, Furniture and Baby Gear.
- Cuddle Bugs Consignment, Saratoga Springs, NY: 518-306-6728 Maternity clothing, children’s clothing, baby accessories, toys, books and gear for children newborn up to 5 years old.
- Polkadots Consignment Shop, Guilderland, NY: 518-452-1812 Girls size Newborn through Juniors/Teens …. Trendy Women’s Too!
- Reruns Consignment, Saratoga Springs, NY: 518-583-9153 Specializing in Vintage Clothing.
- Salvation Army Thrift Store, Clifton Park, NY: 518-373-5880 Wide Range of Items.
- Trendy Tots Children’s Consignment Store, Shenectady, NY: (518) 357-3203 Specializing in modern kids clothing and accessories
Now it is your turn, how has decluttering your home helped you save money?
~Jen, Inspiring Savings.com
My name is Jennifer of Inspiring Savings. I am a Registered Nurse, married to a wonderful husband for 7 years and mom of two toddlers.
I am very passionate about saving money, spending less and helping others in my community. I combine personal simple frugal living tips, recipes, crafts, couponing ideas and smart shopping techniques to help you become your own economist. Please join me in my journey to live simply and save.