This is a big week for holiday happenings and I know you want the scoop! Saratoga really comes alive this time of year and if you’re up for activity, you’ll find no shortage. Check out all the Saratoga Holiday events this week!
- This Wednesday is the annual Saratoga Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony. The tree is located in front of Putnam Market on Broadway. The ceremony starts around 6:30pm with singing Girl Scouts and a small ceremony. The tree gets lit by Mayor Scott Johnson around 7pm and around that time Santa and Mrs. Claus arrive by horse drawn carriage to officially ring in the Saratoga holiday season. Enjoy music, hot cocoa and cookies and of course, admire the beautiful Christmas tree. (free)
- Thursday kicks off the Saratoga Festival of Trees which takes place in the beautiful winter wonderland that is created every year at the Saratoga City Center. The festival opens its doors starting Thursday at 2pm and ends Sunday at 4pm.
- The Saratoga Victorian Streetwalk is a very popular holiday event in Saratoga and a family tradition for many of us. Broadway is closed off to traffic and downtown Saratoga steps back in time to ring in the holiday season. Expect live music and entertainment all around town, stores staying open late to welcome shoppers, carolers strolling the sidewalks and a festive vibe. Here’s a handy Printable Map for the Saratoga Victorian Streetwalk and a Printable Entertainment Schedule (free)
- Also on Thursday is the arrival of the Canadian Pacific Holiday Train! We absolutely love this annual holiday event in Saratoga Springs. Meet at the Amtrak Station in Saratoga and await the 8:45pm arrival of the Holiday Train! With each car festively adorned with lights, the train is really something to see. It makes a stop in Saratoga and then one of the cars opens up and guests are treated to a holiday concert! The last two years the music has been great. To top it off, Santa comes around greeting the kids. Food donations will be accepted for our local food pantries, so bring some canned goods! (free)
- Saturday is the Saratoga Festival of Trees Family Day and includes breakfast with Santa, Sundae’s with Santa and Santa’s workshop. You’ll need to pre-register for breakfast and sundaes by calling 587-5000. Tickets to both breakfast and sundae’s are $8 per person and includes admission to the festival.
- Missed the Nutcracker Tea last week? The Saratoga City Ballet company is doing a Nutcracker Brunch at The Vista in Clifton Park this Sunday. Tickets are $25 and include brunch and the performance.
- Enjoy a Holiday Concert by The Flying Fingers Sign Language Troupe at the Saratoga Springs Public Library. Sponsored by the Association for the Hearing Impaired, the group is made up of children ages 6-16. They will entertain you with a variety of holiday songs and teach some simple signs so you can “sing-along”. Then participate in Hanukkah songs and activities.
More Holiday Posts to get you in the spirit!
- SaratogaMama Holiday Survival Guide
- 12 Tips for a Safer Holiday
- Don’t forget to donate to the SaratogaMama Holiday Toy Drive!
- Need a Christmas tree? Here are some options in Saratoga County
- Hit the ice! Ice Skating options in Saratoga County
- Polar Express: Review and info!