This is a big week for holiday happenings and I know you want the scoop! Saratoga really comes alive this time of year and if you’re up for activity, you’ll find no shortage. Check out all the Saratoga Holiday events this week!
- This Thursday is the annual Saratoga Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony. The tree is located in front of Putnam Market on Broadway. The ceremony starts around 6:00pm. Santa and Mrs. Claus arrive by horse drawn carriage to officially ring in the Saratoga holiday season. Enjoy music, hot cocoa and cookies and of course, admire the beautiful Christmas tree. (free)
- Thursday also kicks off the Saratoga Festival of Trees which takes place in the beautiful winter wonderland that is created every year at the Saratoga City Center. The festival opens its doors starting Thursday at 2pm and ends Sunday at 4pm.
- The Saratoga Victorian Streetwalk is a very popular holiday event in Saratoga and a family tradition for many of us. Broadway is closed off to traffic and downtown Saratoga steps back in time to ring in the holiday season. Expect live music and entertainment all around town, stores staying open late to welcome shoppers, carolers strolling the sidewalks and a festive vibe. Here’s a handy Printable Map and Schedule for the 30th annual Saratoga Victorian Streetwalk.
- Friday night is the tree lighting ceremony at Gavin Park in Wilton. The fun begins at 6 p.m. with holiday songs, at 6:30 the tree gets lit, at 6:45 Santa arrives to meet and greet the crowd. From 6:45 – 8:45 p.m., the festivities move inside the gym where Santa will hand out candy, treats, and gifts. There will be holiday movies for the little ones and more opportunities for everyone to sing songs of the season. Refreshments will be served from 7 – 8:30 p.m.
- The Ballston Spa Holiday Parade and Tree Lighting is also on Friday. The parade steps off at 6:30 pm, proceeding down Milton Avenue and ending in Wiswall Park on Front Street with Santa lighting the Christmas tree. The parade has become a hometown-style holiday tradition with fire trucks, floats, animals, kids, and Santa parading down the main street of the village. Before and after the parade, there will be carolers and musicians on the street corners. Many village shops and restaurants will be open with music, demonstrations, and displays as part of First Friday, which also falls on this festive evening.
- Saturday is the Saratoga Festival of Trees Family Day and includes breakfast with Santa, Sundae’s with Santa and Santa’s workshop. You’ll need to pre-register for breakfast and sundaes by calling 587-5000. Tickets to both breakfast and sundae’s are $8 per person and includes admission to the festival.
- St Mary’s School in Ballston Spa is hosting their annual Breakfast with Santa.
- Families with children ages 4-9 and their siblings are invited to celebrate the season of sweet things at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library. Join local performer and educator Diane Payette for a reading of The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg. Make your own candy house to take home and help to create a candy version of the Library!
For an entire listing of ALL the holiday events, check out our Calendar!
- SaratogaMama Holiday Survival Guide
- 12 Tips for a Safer Holiday
- Need a Christmas tree? Here are some options in Saratoga County
- Hit the ice! Ice Skating options in Saratoga County
- Snowshoeing in Saratoga County
- Polar Express: Review and info!