Columbus Day is one of those non-holidays where you’re often left scrambling to find activities, arrange childcare, and even explain to the kids why they have no school! While there are many working moms and dads off from work, many are still working regular hours.
If you’re like me, you’ve probably waited until the last minute to even start planning for the day off! Here I sit on Sunday afternoon thinking about what to do tomorrow….
Here are some Columbus Day Events & Options:
- It’s Messy Monday at The Wonder Room from 9am-3pm. Drop in anytime, dress for a mess, and have fun with your kids!
- Saratoga Strike Zone has school day-off bowling specials. It’s really nice there and the first (and only) place I’ve ever taken the kids bowling.
- I love this Reconnecting With Nature program at the Saratoga Springs Public Library with Wilton Wildlife Preserve and Park. We’ve done it before and the kids (and I) both enjoyed!
- Visit the Children’s Museum at Saratoga for Live Reptiles at 10:30am!
- The Children’s Museum of Science and Technology (CMOST) has some day camp programs, but the museum is also open for a visit. Check out our CMOST review here!
- Our Indoor Recreation Guide and Outdoor Recreation Guide are great resources for fun spots.
- Don’t forget about our south of Saratoga spots like Tiny Tots Tea Room in Clifton Park, Tumbling Tykes in Latham, or the NYS Museum!
- View more Columbus Day events here on SaratogaMama
I hope you enjoy the day off!
Happy Columbus Day-