Join us as we celebrate Food Revolution Day in Saratoga Springs!The Jamie Oliver Foundation is launching its first-ever Food Revolution Day, a global day of action to inspire, educate, and empower people everywhere to “stand up for real food.”
The library has organized a panel discussion made up of several of the many regional contributors to the real and local food movement. This is a great opportunity for the public to learn from the people that dedicate their lives to the concept of the Food Revolution Day–every day.
Panel Discussion Participants Include:
Three local CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) farms
- Denison Farm, Justine Denison
- Kilpatrick Family Farm, Michael Kilpatrick
- Quincy Farm, Cara Fraver
- Cornell Cooperative Extension’s Community Nutrition/Health specialist, Diane Whitten
- From Scratch Club, Deanna Fox
- Eat Smart New York, Siobhan A’Hearn
- Saratoga Springs Community Garden at Wesley, Susan Bokan
The panel discussion moderator will be Saratoga Springs’ Food Revolution Day Ambassador, Deborah Czech, from Miles Ahead Communications PR & Marketing.
In addition to the panel discussion each group will have information available about their role in our local food community. Take this opportunity to discover some new recipe ideas, taste some food samples, and borrow one of the many books, DVDs, or magazines available at your library related to the topic of Food Revolution Day.