Wilton Wildlife Festival at Wilton Wildlife Preserve
10:00 am – 3:00 pm on Saturday, June 2nd
The Festival will take place rain or shine!
Join us for a day of nature walks, live animals, crafts and hands-on fun as we celebrate National Trails Day, the Karner blue butterfly, and the other animals of the Saratoga Sandplains!
Ongoing beginning at 10:00 am:
- Nature Crafts at the International Paper Winter Lodge*
- Pond Life Exploration at the Tent by Delegan Pond*
- Fish Printing at the Tent by Delegan Pond*
- Lupine Planting and Karner Blue Butterfly Information at the Rifle Range Pavilion*
- Cornell Hill Fire Tower open (Children 5 to 18 can climb the tower with a parent or guardian)*
- Live Animals in the Baker Lakeside Pavilion*
Featuring native reptiles and amphibians with Kenny Barnett, and native birds of prey with North Country Wild Care.
- Search and Rescue Dogs on the Parade Ground
- Blanding’s Turtle Information Table on the Parade Ground*
- Other local organizations’ tables on the Parade Ground
- Karner Blue Butterfly Walks - Hourly starting at 10:15, 11:15, 12:15, 1:15, and 2:15 Meet at the Rifle Range Pavilion
- Silent Wings Hawks and Owls Programs - 45 minute programs at 11:00, 12:30 and 1:45 Meet at the Bush Hilltop Pavilion (in the dining hall in case of rain)
- Campfire Songs and S’mores - From 10:30-12:00 Meet at the Fire Circle
- 11:00 am – 3:00 pm BBQ Hot dogs, hamburgers, veggie burgers , bake sale and cold drinks available for purchase at the Parade Ground BBQ pit
- Noontime Welcome Event - Meet at the Bush Hilltop Pavilion
There will be maps available at the information booth to help you locate where the activities are taking place.
It is National Trails Day so we encourage you to get out and explore the wonderful trail system at Wilton Wildlife Preserve & Park!