I don’t know why my parents didn’t take me to Magic Forest when I was a kid, but other than an increased admission price, I’m pretty sure not much else has changed in the past 20+ years. (Certainly their brochure hasn’t!)
Magic Forest in Lake Goerge, NY is a mini theme park for kids, most appropriate for those eight and under.
The rider are similar to Hoffman’s Playland in Latham, but in addition to rides, Magic Forest also boasts magic shows, a diving horse (you heard me right), a train safari, fairy tale displays with unique moving parts, and other odd displays and statues sprinkled about.
Our day at Magic Forest started around 10am (they open at 9:30). Despite some pretty steep hills, it’s overall stroller-friendly and easy to navigate. We had packed lunches and snacks which we enjoyed in a nicely shaded picnic area. Food could be purchased and the prices were not outrageous.
By 2pm we had been on probably 80% of the rides and were happily wiped out and headed home.
Magic Forest Positives
- Forest = shade, and Magic Forest certainly delivered. We went on a super hot day and stayed comfortable for several hours.
- The rides were perfect for the kiddos and they could not get enough!
- Food prices are quite reasonable, but it’s equally easy to pack a lunch and bring your own.
- The picnic areas were shaded and offered plenty of seating.
- Parking is free and easy
Magic Forest needs to improve upon…
- The admission price is a little steep; $18 for adults and $16 for kids.
- The place hasn’t changed with the times at all! From the rides to the facilities, nothing looks new or updated.
- The diving horse show. Really? The horse literally walks up a covered bridge and jumps into a pool. Show’s over folks.
- They need some serious help with marketing to catch up to the times! Website, ouch. Brochure, 80′s. Social media, what’s that!?
Despite a few areas that need improvement, Magic Forest in Lake George is definitely worth a visit IF your children enjoy rides and you’re willing to commit a good part of a day to go to make it worth the price of admission.
The verdict from my kids? They would go back in a heartbeat.
GO! Magic Forest Lake George
Open daily from 9:30am-5pm
Admission is $16 for kids 2-11 & seniors, $18 for adults
U.S. 9 Lake George, NY 12845