Saratoga Home & Garden Show 2012
When it comes to Home Improvement I usually defer to experts like Susanna from Miss-Organized, or Jenna Burger from SAS Interiors ( DIY Hair Bow Holder post). Another great one-stop-shop for inspiration and ideas is the annual Saratoga Home & Garden Show.
Taking place all weekend at the Saratoga City Center is one of the region’s largest shows and a wonderful fundraiser for the Saratoga Springs Rotary Club. The show kicks off Friday, March 2nd and runs through Sunday, March 4th 2012 so you’ll have plenty of chances to attend!
Visitors will find hundreds of great products from the kitchen sink to cabinets, to windows and waterfalls, projects are displayed by over 130 residential service exhibitors. Having attended last year, here’s a ‘word from the wise’. Be careful what you sign up for! Nothing is ever really free, and you may get calls monthly to check whether you need a siding estimate or your gutters cleaned. (Not that I get calls like that…) All I’m saying is don’t rush into giving your personal information to someone offering the chance at a $50 Home Depot gift card.
Advice from local Saratoga Interior Designer
I asked Jenna Burger from SAS Interiors to weigh in on how to make the most of this year’s Saratoga Home Show.
Visiting the Home Show can be a fun and exciting, yet overwhelming experience. To get the most out of your trip, it’s best to prepare beforehand. Check out these five tips for a successful experience:
- Preparation is key – Most people attend the Saratoga Home Show because there is something they’d like to change or update in their home. If that’s the case, take some time to write down your thoughts, ideas, wants, and desires before you attend the show. This will allow you to focus and conquer!
- Arrive early OR later in the day – Again, if you’re going to the Home Show with a purpose, you want to get the most out of the experience, so make a day of it. Arrive early to beat the crowds, or wait till later in the day when the crowds have diminished.
- Review who will be attending – Look at the attendees list before your visit, so you can target the particular businesses that meet your scope of work. The Home Show has alot of booths, so to avoid feeling overwhelmed by attempting to visit everyone, focus on who will meet your needs for the project.
- Ask Questions and Go with your instinct – Everyone wants your business and many people that you will meet are sales people. Prepare questions beforehand and go with your gut. Once you arrive home, take a second look at all the information you received, and follow up with several businesses that you think will make a good fit before deciding on one.
- Enjoy Yourself – The home show is exciting and many thoughts and ideas will be brewing in your head. Take lots of notes and pictures, and simply enjoy yourself.
In addition to hundreds of vendors and exhibitors, a variety of prizes will be offered all weekend long! Door prizes valued at approximately $50 each will be given away hourly over the three day event. The grand prize winner will be drawn at 4 p.m. on Sunday.
The event costs $6 for adults, $1 for kids, and kids under 5 are free.
The majority of proceeds benefit the Saratoga area community with programs such as the Rotary Club’s scholarship, major gift, and community support programs.
2012 Saratoga Home & Garden Show
Saratoga Springs City Center
522 Broadway, Saratoga Springs
As a leading bank in the community, The Adirondack Trust Company takes pride in providing individuals and businesses in Saratoga County high quality banking, trust and investment and insurance solutions.